We’d like to extend the property, can the surveyor advise on this?

The surveyor is able to provide general advice on the feasibility of alterations and extensions and give an opinion. However, this should not be considered to be a ‘green light’, and you will still need to seek planning permission from the local authority as well as professional advice from an architect/structural engineer. If you do put in an application for planning permission, we can supply photographic evidence of alterations/extensions carried out by adjoining/neighbouring properties in support of your case. Naturally, this will require the permission of the home owners involved.